Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Progression and Frustration

"They will order the BPO this week. As soon as they have the value of the BPO, the negotiator will send the file to the investors."
This means that things are moving along with the house! They are sending an appraiser out and then it will finally be given to the bank to approve. This means we might here back very soon! Hopefully this week or the next. We are praying and crossing our fingers that this is it! I kinda put all my eggs in this basket. I haven't done that in a while because we got rejected so many times after hoping. But this lady sounds veeeeery confident. She even said, "Do not worry. We will get the final approval." I think I just might hunt her down if this turns out to be another disappointment. I don't think I could handle it! We love this house so much and are SO ready to move in! Hopefully before the end of the month because we just found out our rent is going up $200.00 in April.
Besides waiting for our house, we have just been working of course. We haven't heard from our source whether we can use the hotel/condo in NY yet so if we don't find out soon, I will just plan for Santa Barbara. I think that's what we will end up doing now. But I am more than okay with that because it will be a vacation no matter where we go. I just want out of work for a week with him. Away from the every day grind! I like my job though. I'm training a friend at the reception area the last couple days and she is picking up on it very quickly, which makes things so much easier for everyone else.

On Friday we went to Cold Stone and watched a movie at our apartment with our new friends we hung out with last weekend. I love having young married friends. They just get it. You know? I mean, I love my single friends too of course but it's just different. Single friends don't usually want to hang out with both of us and I'm not about to leave my husband on the weekends when I already don't see him Sunday night- Wed/Thursday night. Weekends are all we have. If they want to see just me, they can do this on the weekdays when I'm alone. Wow, I didn't mean to turn this into a rant. I have been a little frustrated lately with the friends department.

Someone I know told me that it never ends. When you are married, your single friends don't want to hang out with you and your spouse. When you have kids, your single friends and young married friends don't want to hang out with you and your kids. I guess that's somewhat true. But I don't usually feel like, "Oh, so and so has a baby. I don't want to hang out with them." It's usually more like, "Oh, they are probably way too busy to want to go out with us. Even if they brought the baby- which is totally fine with me." I don't really care either way! I hope when I have kids, I still get to go out and have some fun with friends. I know it's different, but I don't think your life should end just because you get married or have kids. I still like to see people!

So, that's why it's nice to have our new, young-married friends. She's pregnant, which is totally cute and I love it. We finally made great friends here who actually want to/make an effort to hang out with us (instead of it always being us to ask people over or to go do something) and now they are having a baby and I just hope that we can still see each other sometimes. Oh well, I still have about 6 months until I need to worry about that! Haha, I'm such a brat. I really am happy for them!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that the house thing is still being delayed. But I'm praying it goes through quickly and you find out that it's yours ASAP!! :)

Meagan said...

So exciting! I really hope you get it! I'm with ya on the friends thing! We have no married friends with out babies! I tried to get Hubby to start going to church so maybe we could meet some. We might try some other new activities and have tried to brainstorm stuff for us to do out of the house because our weekends are getting boring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...