Friday, March 12, 2010

Precious Moments In My Dreams

Before I forget it, I wanted to write down something I dreamed about last night. Some of you may know that my dreams really effect me. They are always very realistic and detailed. I also remember them for a while if they really had an impact on me. Most of the dreams I remember from my childhood even are nightmares. But I won't go there today. Today I wanted to write about a good dream!

I have had dreams before of babies. In all my baby dreams, I have a baby boy. I am convinced I will have a baby boy as my first born. I remember one dream in particular that I had about a year ago or so where I had this baby boy. I was visiting my parents house and I went into my old room to change the baby on the bed. I was leaning over him, cooing and such. Just LOVING this baby. I remember how much LOVE I felt for him. It made me totally baby crazy for a long time. I WANTED that baby.

Last night...I had another one. Except this one was a little different. I had never had a dream before that I was NURSING. I have fears of nursing. It's so foreign to me. I don't understand how it works. I have heard horror stories of it hurting like HECK and I won't go into detail of things I know but lemme tell ya I aam TERRIFIED of it. Some women love it and it doesn't hurt them. I have heard it all. Anyway, so in my dream I was nursing and I LOVED it!! I remember I was ecstatic that it wasn't hurting and I was surprised by how close it made me feel to the baby (boy, of course). I just wanted to write that down because it felt so special to me.

Lately I have SOOO not been in the baby crazy place. I like where we are at. We are so close to getting a house. I don't deal well with pain. You remember how this was for me, right? I want a puppy. I want to go on trips. I want to decorate our house. I want to be more financially stable. I want to work for a little longer before I have to decide if I want to be a working mom or not. I want, I want, I want. It feels so selfish. But after dreams like that, it all goes out the window. It feels so real. Sometimes I wake up, missing that baby.

And in those precious moments, I want to be a mommy.

6 comments :

KatBouska said...

Interesting...according to dreammoods.com: To dream that you are breast feeding, symbolizes tenderness, love, nurturance, and motherly love. Good things will be at your grasp. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to be careful in who you confide in.

So there you have it!

Alyssa said...

i have vivid dreams too and have the emotional connection so i know what you mean!

but if you have all those wants then im sure it will happen when everything settles down :)

You will need a few more dreams to see what you call your dream baby.

Rinzu said...

a lovey dovey post so full of love and promise...

keep it up


rinzu


www.thepoeticdiaries.blogspot.com

Emily said...

What a special dream! I never really had baby or nursing dreams. I did wonder about those things, though. I never really thought much about nursing before having Josie, I just knew I wanted to do it. There are so many resources out there to help with it, I knew I'd be fine. Just so you know, it shouldn't ever hurt unless the baby is not latched right. You'll be fine when it happens. It's such a magical bonding experience! I loved it!!

Jami said...

Hi! I think it's great that you record your dreams. I have had some pretty vivid ones myself, but only a few that I remember for years later. It will be fun to look back one day and see if your dreams came true!

Anonymous said...

What a good dream! And that must be a wonderful feeling. Such a cute blog by the way, and I love love love your header photo. Too cute.

Best,

Hannah Katy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...